The idea to provide affordable, healthy housing for people suffering from Environmental Sensitivities (ES) originated with EHAQ as a logical FIRST step in terms of support, illness due to numerous, often desperate requests for such housing.
Finding safe living spaces is difficult at best and virtually impossible for ES sufferers who are very often on the lower end of the income scale. Many can work if they have adequate workplace accommodation and suitable housing. If workplace accommodation is not available to them, ES sufferers are unable to work due to their illness, and the loss of income makes it impossible to obtain suitable accommodation. Their health continues to deteriorate while living in inappropriate housing. Many are obliged to leave their apartments, subsequently becoming homeless.
The Healthy Housing Project, called ECOASIS is:
- The first of its kind
- Will exist on 25 acres of land
- Surrounded by forest and clean air
- In the Laurentian Mountains
- Forty units will be built on 2.5 acres
- Each unit will be suitable for people suffering from Environmental Sensitivities
- Appropriate building materials, design, and location will be chosen
- Community hall and kitchen to address isolation and encourage inclusion
- Organic gardening
- Trails to enjoy nature all year round!
Aziz Dennoune, groupe de ressources techniques Réseau 2000+
Architects from TREMBLAY LÉCUYER ARCHITECTE (TLA)
Find Out More About This Project
Please visit ecoasisquebec.ca