1. To group together in the association the persons who are afflicted with familial.
2. To make health professionals, political decision-makers and the population in general aware of the disease.
3. To promote, protect and develop the economic, social, professional and recreational interests of ataxic persons.
4. To advance research on familial ataxias.
5. To inform the members and the partners in activities relating to familial ataxias (research, publications, activities, etc.) by editing a magazine.
6. To generate revenue by means of fund-raising campaigns, activities, voluntary subscriptions, requests for grants, shares, and legacies, in order to realize the mission of the Association.