Atlantic Ballet Atlantique Canada is committed to the development of ballet-theatre that respects and maintains a connection to the traditions of the genre while injecting a contemporary sensibility and scope that are relevant to current issues and concerns. The Company is dedicated to the creation of original works that extend the genre beyond the exclusive focus of ballet as choreographic structure and explore the human condition and examine philosophical questions and themes. The Company is guided by the following principles:
1. to develop new directions for narrative works in collaboration with the finest creative artists in Canadian theatre;
2. to sustain and grow a professional touring company of international standard in Atlantic Canada;
3. to contribute to, and enhance the quality of life in our Atlantic Canada community;
4. to represent our region and our country as a cultural ambassador to the world;
5. to expand our audience through touring, educational programs and outreach opportunities.
About ATLANTIC BALLET ATLANTIQUE CANADA
Based in Moncton New Brunswick, under the artistic direction of Igor Dobrovolskiy, Atlantic Ballet is is the only professional ballet company east of Quebec. The Company is unique in Canada as the only performing arts company with a four-province “home” region.
Touring nationally and internationally, Atlantic Ballet is a company of 10 international standard classically trained soloists who have joined the Company from around the world and now make their home in Atlantic Canada. The Company collaborates with many of this country’s most respected designers and theatre professionals to create new ballets that reflect the choreographic vision and artistic philosophy of Mr. Dobrovolskiy.
The Company works to make its performances accessible to the largest possible audience by maintaining reasonable ticket pricing and outreach programs which open the world of dance to people young and old and encourage family participation in the arts.