For over 30 years, Disability Alliance BC (formerly BC Coalition of People with Disabilities) has been a provincial, cross-disability voice in British Columbia.
Our mission is to support people, regardless of their disability, to live with dignity, independence and as equal and full participants in society.
We champion issues impacting the lives of people with disabilities through our direct services, community partnerships, advocacy, research and publications.
Thank you for your support. Your financial support is invaluable to our programs’ operations and to all the people we help each day.
About DISABILITY ALLIANCE BC SOCIETY
Your donation will go towards our work for change. Our work includes:
* Experienced disability advocacy for individuals and groups through our Advocacy Access Program
* Programs and projects including:
- Advocacy services
- Emergency Preparedness
- Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)assistance
- Community Mentoring
- Access to Personal Supports
- Human right research
- Accessible gardening/agriculture project at a long-term care facility
* Workshops and training that build community capacity
* Original publications in plain language:
- Transition magazine
- HIV/AIDS materials for people with disabilities
- Self-help manuals about income supports for the disability community and advocates, including about Canada Pension Plan-Disability benefits
- Our popular Help Sheet series about provincial disability benefits
- RDSP multimedia
* And collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders.