To generate opportunities for those living with vision loss through innovative, inclusive, community-orientated programming and partnerships.
Our strong community focus keeps us grounded and our spirit open to change.
About BALANCE for Blind Adults
BALANCE for Blind Adults is a lively not-for-profit agency with strong roots in the community. We have more than 30 years experience training adults who are blind or partially sighted. We offer free instruction one-on-one or in a group setting.
Our Operating Principles:
- Enhance quality of life through skill development, support and encouragement
- Provide an open and flexible learning environment to meet the individual needs of all participants
- Inspire participants to be active within the community
- Value each participants unique circumstances and supporting active community engagement
- Partner with community organizations to build an inclusive and supportive network of resources
- Support the use of new technology to improve accessibility and enhance everyday living