"Beautiful Joe" was so influential in how our modern day pets are treated, and we know that your pet would love to do a Trick for Joe in appreciation, right? Whether it’s a clever one or not so much, Joe is honoured by them all.
Your kind donation is so appreciated by the Beautiful Joe Heritage Society. The goal of “Tricks for Joe” is to:
- Raise awareness of Joe’s legacy of humane treatment of all animals. In so doing, Beautiful Joe Heritage Society wants to make Meaford, “Home of Beautiful Joe”, into an international tourist attraction
- Provide funding for further development of Beautiful Joe Park
- Work towards making our unique Beautiful Joe Park accessible for everyone via footbridge over the Bighead River
Many thanks to you and your pet for participating in “Tricks for Joe”, and be sure to challenge your friends on social media. You can also fundraise on our behalf by clicking the fundraise tab below.
Here's how "Tricks for Joe” works:
- Step 1 – With your video rolling, introduce yourself and your dog/pet, (I’m _______ and this is my dog Spot). Spot is going to perform a “Trick for Joe” (insert trick),
- Step 2 - Challenge your friends with dogs or pets to also perform a trick,
- Step 3 - Visit our website to donate to “Tricks for Joe” (here’s the direct link) http://beautifuljoe.org/support-joe/tricks-for-joe (or once you’re at the site, click “PARTICIPATE” on the Tricks for Joe logo). You can also donate here at Canada Helps.
- Step 4 – You’re almost done … upload the video to Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter using the hashtag #TricksForJoe. Make sure you tell your friends you’ve challenged them and their pets!