What an exciting time for the Beaverbrook Art Gallery!
Over the past year we celebrated our 60th anniversary, an occasion that culminated in a very festive birthday party “Gala 60” earlier this month.
As construction is set to begin on the new Harrison McCain Pavilion next spring, we look to the future. This new expansion will focus on the visitor experience, with enhanced accessibility and services for our guests, and will provide new opportunities for exhibitions, programming and events.
We are excited to provide new, dynamic experiences for members. As a member, you understand the ways that art can inspire and captivate, and how it can make us consider new perspectives on the world, our community and our shared histories. This is a time of change and growth for the Gallery, and I am happy you’re following us into this next chapter.
We would not have been able to take this leap forward into the future without the support of our members. Each year, your financial contributions to the Director’s Appeal have helped us fulfill our vision of enriching life through art.
By making a gift to the Fall Director’s Appeal you can have a direct impact on the cultural life of New Brunswick. Your donation will support programs and initiatives such as:
- Our Face2Face School Tour subsidy program – providing equal access to art for all children and youth attending schools in New Brunswick.
- Our dynamic Artist-in-Residence program involving visual and performance-based artists, curators, elders, scholars, and musicians.
- Our Community Art Outreach program – bringing creative learning to where families need it the most.
- Our initiative to become a venue and cultural hub in Fredericton as we offer our pavilion gallery space to host concerts, public performances and other events.
- Our Family Art Days, where we offer free arts and crafts activities to visitors of all ages on the last Sunday of each month.
- Conserving and preserving the art in our collection so that it can be displayed for generations to come.