BETTER LIFE integration & support society is a volunteer movement whose mission is to develop and deliver faith-based social and restorative justice programs that foster community safety and mitigate the impact of crime on those who suffer from its consequences.
Our services include:
- Train and support volunteer spiritual caregivers to work with offenders.
- Provide structured programs and accountability mechanism to faith communities who commit to support recently released offenders.
- Match inmates preparing to return to the community with local volunteer spiritual caregivers and faith-based resources.
- Connect victims of crime to natural healing and supportive communities and their services.
- Deploy lay chaplains to local agencies serving those impacted by crime.
- Advocate on behalf of victims, offenders, and families of offenders seeking spiritual support and access to social and justice services.
- Liaise with local faith-based resources, law enforcement authorities, and various social agencies on behalf of local volunteer spiritual caregivers and their care recipients.
- Provide access to restorative justice services such as victim/offender mediation and reconciliation.
- Promote social and restorative justice values and practices through public education and service opportunities.