Most people know about Black Friday and Cyber Monday … now we celebrate GivingTuesday, a global movement for giving and volunteering.
A day to forget about shopping and gift-getting, a day to remember people and giving back to our communities.
On Tuesday, November 28, 2017, our goal is to raise $1,300 - the average amount of money it takes to support and monitor a mentoring relationship for one year.
Mentoring gives children and youth more confidence in themselves. This, in turn, leads to less social anxiety and bullying, young people doing better in school and growing up to have better jobs and make healthier life choices.
Your donation can change the life of a child today - and create a beautiful future.
Our 7 step process for creating and supporting mentoring relationships is:
1. Recruit mentors and accept referrals for mentees
2. Screen mentors and mentees to ensure eligibility and program readiness
3. Train mentors and prepare mentees
4. Pre-match mentors and mentees to ensure the most appropriate matches
5. Arrange match introductions between mentors, mentee, and their families
6. Ongoing match support through regular check-ins, additional training, activity support, and much more
7. Manage the match closure at the end of its term
It takes more than time.
Please support youth mentoring this #GivingTuesday and give young Canadians the confidence to achieve more.
If you or your company are interested in matching the donations received by Big Brothers Big Sisters on #GivingTuesday, please contact email@example.com.