All children and youth are empowered to reach their full potential through mentorship.
Enable impactful mentoring relationships where children and youth can discover their power and potential, in collaboration with our local communities.
About BIG BROTHERS OF GREATER VANCOUVER FOUNDATION
Big Brothers has been operating in the Lower Mainland since 1957. Our team of professional caseworkers support children and their families through free, quality mentoring programs, including:
- Our traditional, well-known Big Brother-Little Brother community program
- In-school mentoring for boys and girls
- Teen mentoring, matching elementary children with a high school mentor
- Go Girls and Game On! programs, focusing on healthy lifestyles
- Aboriginal program, providing leadership training for Aboriginal youth who serve as mentors for younger Aboriginal children in their communities
- Math and literacy tutoring
Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver serves the following communities: Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Delta, New Westminster, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Surrey, White Rock, Tsawwassen, Squamish and Whistler.
What People Are Saying
"RICHARD is my best friend and I even want him to be my real brother! He takes me to lots of places and he shows me how to respect! Richard’s also smart and teaches me things! The best is that we always have FUN : ) "
— Little Brother Ryan, age 7
"(Big Brother) Nicolas has been a true blessing to us. He has 'completed' our small family. The bond he and Joshua have is one I longed for, hoped and prayed for, but truly did not think would ever be possible. Nic has given so much to Joshua – I sincerely do not know where we would be without him."
— Mary, Mom of Little Brother Joshua