The Big Little Science Centre is dedicated to developing a passion for science in our community.
In doing this:
1. We inspire all with whom we come in contact.
2. We generate enthusiasm in all we do.
3. We value teaching that is fun, hands-on, and imaginative.
4. We recognize our community’s youth as our main focus.
5. We provide a safe, wholesome and trusting learning environment.
6. We value the strength and experience in our core volunteer team.
7. We are fiscally responsible and value the resources of our sponsors and partners.
The Big Little Science Centre will inspire our community’s children, their families and our teachers to explore and experience science in an entertaining and stimulating environment. It will nurture a life long appreciation for and interest in science within its audience. Increasingly, the Big Little Science Centre will be a loved and respected institution that is open and accessible to all members of our community.
About BIG LITTLE SCIENCE CENTRE
The BIG Little Science Centre (BLSC) was started in February 2000 by Gordon R. Gore, a retired science teacher who has dedicated his life to teaching science in an interactive environment. The Centre currently operates out of eight classrooms leased from School District 73. The current program format allows visitors a period of time to experiment on their own at any of 130 plus hands-on stations located in three classrooms. three other rooms are used for demonstrations and serve as a basic teaching laboratories with capacity for 32 visitors each.
The BIG Little Science Centre Society was established in October 2002 and registered as a charitable organization in September 2003. The Society has a leadership of eleven directors who meet monthly. The current Volunteer Board represents a diverse range of experience and skills including education, accounting, engineering, business, science and the trades.