The British Columbia Society for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse (BCSMSSA) is a non-profit society established to provide therapeutic services for males who have been sexually abused at some time in their lives.
Our purposes are to:
About B. C. SOCIETY FOR MALE SURVIVORS OF SEXUAL ABUSE
* Provide treatment and support services to male survivors of sexual abuse and support for significant relatives and others of male survivors.
* Acquire and develop educational material concerning sexual abuse of males and to gather statistics for dissemination to professionals and the community at large.
* Assist in establishing within British Columbia new agencies dealing with male survivors of sexual abuse by providing training opportunities, whenever possible, to interested personnel.
* Ensure clear, consistent communication in dealing with other involved agencies or professionals in order to guarantee comprehensive case management.
* Consult with community and government groups in the areas of prevention, treatment, therapy, and other matters relating to sexual abuse of males.