"Cairn is a welcoming camp community for all, that focuses on building each other up and being the best version of yourself! Cairn provides a home away from home and a community that is full of connection, self-discovery, nature, and magically fun moments." - Laura Roberts
"A place where everyone is welcomed like family. You are valued for who you are, and challenged to support others, and let others support you." - Kristen Verity
At the Cairn Family of Camps, we don’t think it’s enough to just offer fun programming. We’re involved in camping because we believe that camp is an amazing life-changing experience. Our mission is to grown leaders by providing all campers the opportunity to build confidence and courage within a supportive environment.
For 85 years through adventure, creativity and play, Cairn’s qualified staff have provided an atmosphere which fosters the personal and spiritual growth of every individual. Cairn is a place where lifelong friendships are formed, leadership skills are learnt, and all people are welcomed into an inclusive community.
We believe that every child should be able to experience the life-changing power of camp. Through your donations we will be able to ensure that happens.
Situated on 197 acres of beautiful Muskoka wilderness, the Cairn Family of Camps offers a variety of programs.
- Glen Mhor – A traditional overnight summer camp program, where campers sleep in cabins and can participate in activities from boating to zipline.
- Iona – A canoe tripping program, where participants are taken on river routes throughout Northern Ontario for week for a wilderness based canoe trip.
- Camp in Your Own Backyard (CYOB) – A travelling day camp program that offers programs in churches throughout the Central and Northeastern Ontario.
- Integration Program – Offers children and adults an inclusive camping experience, integrating them into all aspects of camp life while giving them the support they need to thrive.
- Glen Mhor Outdoor Center - Providing educational experiences, rentals, and retreats during the spring and fall.
What People Are Saying
"Both my boys go to this camp. I can't express how much joy they get from going there. They are filled to the top with happiness and joy. While it saddens me to leave them, I know that they are in a very special place they hold close to their heart. Would highly recommend this camp to anyone."
— Betina Law, Read More
"The Cairn staff show an incredible level of intentionality in all they do. It is a joy to watch them care for kids."
— Travis Allison, Read More
"I was a camper at Cairn for 12 years, some of my most fondest memories were made here. I made absolutely wonderful friends that I still talk to to today. Nothing compares to this experience, it helps children develop and enhance social skills while making memories that last a lifetime!"
— Jay Bowman, Read More
"Both of my kids went as children, and worked as counsellors. It is a warm, loving environment where everyone is encouraged to share and grow their faith. It changed our children's lives for the better!"
— Pam Loree, Read More
"My children talk about this camp all year long. The energy is astounding. Counsellor's lead with positivity and love. Kids benefit from a real outdoors experience in a highly inclusive environment. Full of gratitude for the experiences my kids and the community of kids enjoy at Cairn."
— Tamara Darchiville, Read More