As you know, we are facing a significant public health challenge with COVID-19 which has necessitated significant physical distancing and other measures. We have been listening to the evolving advice from the Ontario Camp Association and public health officials to help guide us as summer approaches.
We know that everyone in our community has been hoping for the best but unfortunately we had to made the difficult decision to cancel camp this summer. The Misquah Board met by video-conference on April 7th to examine our path forward and felt it would impossible to run Camp Misquah in the same caring and supportive way, and not have our campers, our camper families or our staff at risk.
We know how important Camp Misquah is, especially to our campers. We too feel the emotions of sadness and disappointment this decision causes, and did not make this decision lightly. The health and safety of our community has, and will continue to be, our number one priority.
We know these are challenging financial times for everyone. Camp Misquah will have a deficit as a result of cancelling camp this summer. We would ask that if you are able, to consider making a donation to Camp Misquah to help with the deficit caused by COVID-19.