GivingTuesday is a National Giving Day
Most people know about Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but do you know about GivingTuesday? Get ready, because Canada’s second annual GivingTuesday happens on December 2, 2014.
GivingTuesday is a movement founded by CanadaHelps and GIV3 in Canada that marks the opening day of the giving season. The Tuesday after Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the movement encourages individuals and organizations to join together and find innovative ways to give back to the charities, causes they support, and their communities throughout the holiday season.
GivingTuesday 2013, Canada's First Annual GivingTuesday, Was A Great Success:
- More than 1,300 partners from across Canada, including charities, volunteer organizations, corporations and foundations, joined the GivingTuesday movement.
- The number of charitable donations made using CanadaHelps increased by 169% over the same Tuesday last year.
- Charities who joined and actively promoted GivingTuesday enjoyed the greatest lift in donations. These charities saw an overall increase of 225% in number of donations received through CanadaHelps.
- Social media was full of GivingTuesday stories. At the peak of activity on December 3rd 2013, the #GivingTuesdayCa hashtag was trending in 2nd place. There were more than 12,000 shares of the hashtag on Twitter alone.
- Hundreds of local and national media outlets, small and large, as well as politicians, celebrities and charitable sector advocates participated by offering extensive coverage in support of the day.
With your help, together we can make GivingTuesday 2014 an even bigger success. Your generous donation will be used to support our press, media and social outreach efforts to ensure every charity, corporation, blogger, and Canadian are aware of GivingTuesday and are inspired to participate!