The Canada Basketball Foundation (CBF), the charitable fundraising arm of Canada Basketball, provides fundraising support to increase the resources of the national program. The CBF recognizes the lifelong impact the sport of basketball has on Canadians; including the positive influence on youth and the bonds created amongst all involved, whether its playing, coaching, officiating, volunteering, or philanthropy.
The Canada Basketball Foundation works to improve the health of the nation through basketball, provide a pathway for excellence for young athletes, and deliver a dynamic basketball development infrastructure for coaches and officials that will result in domestic and international success. All revenue raised goes directly towards supporting the mission of Canada Basketball in order to bridge the funding gap for its programs to operate at the highest level of excellence, while directly impacting young athletes who aspire to realize their dreams of one day representing Canada on the world stage.
The CBF is registered with the Canada Revenue Agency as a public foundation.
VISION, MISSION, & OBJECTIVES
To become the leader of basketball philanthropy in Canada.
To support Canada Basketball and its mission to lead the growth and development of the game of basketball in Canada with a focus on:
1) Rising Stars: Youth athletes
2) Leaders: Coach and Official development
3) National Teams: Excellence in the national team program
1) Provide secure and sustainable charitable funding to continue the development and delivery of programs and initiatives
2) Engage donors and stakeholders in multi-level giving opportunities
3) Close the funding gap for specific priority programs