Canadian Friends of Rabbis for Human Rights (CFRHR) Montreal supports the goals of Rabbis for Human Rights (RHR) in Israel.
Rabbis for Human Rights (Israel), a non-governmental organization founded in 1988, is composed of over 150 Reform, Orthodox, Conservative, Reconstructionist and Renewal Israeli rabbis. Rabbis for Human Rights defends the rights of the marginalized and disenfranchised in Israel and of Palestinians in the Occupied Territories. The work of Rabbis for Human Rights expresses the view of its members that as Jews, we are obligated to protest against every injustice enacted against any other person, a view based on the belief that humans are created in God’s image. We believe that it is our obligation to inform the Israeli public about human rights violations, and that it is our role to pressure the State institutions to fix these injustices.
- To live up to the highest Jewish values
- To champion justice, equality and freedom
- To create a better world and an Israel that is morally and physically strong
- To advocate for the rights of Israel’s minorities, Palestinians, the defense of human rights and personal property
- To campaign against discrimination
- To serve as educators for change