The National Capital Region Branch of the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association is a non-profit, self-help consumer group run by volunteers. Everyone who supports the objectives of CHHA can become a member of CHHA-NCR. We welcome all persons who have a hearing loss, their family, friends, co-workers, as well as hearing health care professionals, supporting businesses and facilities.
- To help hard of hearing persons adjust and cope with their hearing loss by promoting aural rehabilitation classes.
- To improve the accessibility of public facilities through research, advocacy and periodic monitoring.
- To provide hard of hearing persons with information on accessible facilities in the National Capital Region.
- To help individuals in need of hearing aids and devices obtain them regardless of their financial status.
- To promote the education of the public, social institutions, professionals and the hard of hearing themselves about hearing-related problems and the available solutions.
- To provide an accessible environment where members can socialize from time to time.