The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA) is the national association which provides leadership in hospice palliative care in Canada.
CHPCA offers leadership in the pursuit of excellence in care for persons approaching death so that the burdens of suffering, loneliness and grief are lessened.
CHPCA will strive to achieve its mission through:
• collaboration and representation;
• increased awareness, knowledge and skills related to hospice palliative care of the public, health care providers and volunteers;
• development of national norms of practice for hospice palliative care in Canada;
• support of research on hospice palliative care;
• advocacy for improved hospice palliative care policy, resource allocation and supports for caregivers.
About CANADIAN HOSPICE PALLIATIVE CARE ASSOCIATION / ASSOCIATION CANADIENNE DE SOINS PALLIATIFS
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association is the national voice for hospice palliative care in Canada. It is a national charitable non-profit association whose mission is to provide leadership in hospice palliative care in Canada. We strive to achieve this mission by supporting research, promoting education and training, improving public awareness of hospice palliative care, and by advocating for increased programs and services. CHPCA works in close partnership with other national organizations and will continue to move forward with the goal of ensuring that all Canadians, regardless of where they may live, have equal access to quality hospice palliative care for themselves and their family.