First Swing introduces our youth to the game of golf.
All participants are provided with all the necessary equipment and lessons necessary for them to get started.
First Swing instills core values to our youth that the Canadian Junior Golf Association fosters.
Our belief is that these core values help our youth grow into true champions:
• Self-Discipline | Practicing to become the best you can be
• Respect | For the game, your competitors and yourself
• Integrity | being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness
• Social Skills | Developing the ability to interact with others successfully
• Conduct | Adopting behaviours and attitudes that the game of golf demands • Maturity | Experiencing success, failure, potential and limits
• Balance | Achieving physical fitness and mental well-being
By introducing our youth to the game of golf, this will have a positive effect on youth development, physical fitness as well as developing the growth of the industry of golf.