Mathematics is essential to the success of our nation, our enterprises, and our lives. Mathematics allows economies to be understood and business sectors to function, and helps individuals develop deductive and quantitative reasoning.
The Canadian Mathematical Society promotes the advancement, discovery, learning and application of mathematics in Canada.
About Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS)
Founded in 1945, the Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS) is a volunteer and member-based, not-for-profit, federally registered charity. The CMS is the national voice of mathematics in Canada.
Donations to the CMS support such activities as:
- Initiatives to encourage and facilitate the participation of underrepresented groups such as Indigenous and Black student and girls in mathematical activities.
- Sustaining Mathematical Camps and various competitions for K-12 students.
- Supporting mathematics research and innovation at highschool, university and its application.
- Training and travel accommodations for Canada's participating in international competitions such as the International Mathematical Olympiad and the European Girls' Mathematical Olympiad
- Scholarships and grants to young researchers and aspiring mathematicians.
- Collaboration with other research entities.
- Supporting publications.