To enable internationally educated nurses to join and excel in their chosen profession in the shortest time possible. We are a multi-partner initiative that invents, co-ordinates and delivers flexible, client focused education and support services.
The Centre is motivated by a passionate commitment to creating practical and accessible pathways for newcomer nurses to join Ontario's nursing profession.
About CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses
The CARE Centre is a government funded not for profit organization that supports the integration of internationally educated nurses (IENs) into the nursing profession in Ontario. Every year, many women and men immigrate to Ontario who are educated and experienced as nurses. The CARE Centre guides IENs through the steps they need to take to succeed.
CARE partners IENs with case managers and helps nurses to set their goals, review their skills and make their own path to success.
CARE helps IENs:
- Develop a CARE plan for success
- Find a supportive and understanding network
- Learn more about nursing in Ontario's health care system
- Assess, upgrade and review clinical skills
- Prepare for registration exams
- Gain experience in health care settings
- Meet English fluency requirements
- Enter the nursing profession in Ontario
- Practice safely and confidently