Our Mission: Transforming Lives
Cassie and Friends Society is the only charity in Canada 100% dedicated to transforming the lives of kids and families affected by Juvenile Arthritis and other rheumatic diseases. We're tackling the enormous lack of resources, funding and awareness in the JA community and raising funds for research, child/youth/family supports, pediatric rheumatology programs, advocacy and educational events across Canada.
100% for Kids and Families
Cassie & Friends was first formed in 2007 by a group of parents, doctors and other friends who saw the major need for kids to have their own home in the greater arthritis community. They also wanted to see 100% of their efforts and dollars go directly to supporting kids.
To date, we have raised over $2-million and created a model where patients, parents and medical teams work hand-in-hand to ensure kids and families have access to the care, resources and community they need. We've also created a place where kids and teens are proud to be who they are - with opportunities for them to connect, lead and access support across every transitional stage of life.
Your gifts help fund:
- Major research into safer, more effective treatments as well as smaller studies that help ease the burdens we know kids and families face every day
- Equipment Loans and Parent Emergency Funds
- School Awareness Show and Online School Toolkit
- Parent-to-Parent and Peer Mentoring Programs
- Annual Family Day Events Across Canada
- Youth Leadership Opportunities and Teen Support Groups
- Advocacy for access to care and treatments