The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Association of Canada (CGSAC) is formed exclusively for the charitable purpose of advancing Christian religion by educating children and adults in the religious tenets, doctrines and observations of mainline Christian churches across Canada
We will increase the involvement of children and adults in a shared religious experience of our covenant relationship with God, in which the religious values of the child predominate.
The CGSAC works for our members promoting spirituality for the children of Canada
The CGSAC is a democratic organization that respects the gifts of the Holy Spirit given to each member
The CGSAC governing body is the Board of Trustees
The CGSAC bylaws govern its operation
ABOUT OUR CHARITY:
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Association of Canada is formed exclusively for the charitable purpose of advancing Christian religion across Canada.
- The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is a Christian Ministry for children aged 3-12 years that is based on the Bible and liturgy of the church; it is inspired by the principles of Montessori education. This Ministry provides:
- An opportunity for children to fall in love with Jesus, the Good Shepherd, in a child-friendly space called an atrium – located in a church or school.
- Guided activity to aid meditation on Bible scripture and the mysteries of the Christian faith once a week in small groups, facilitated by trained adults (catechists).
- That each child's unique spiritual needs and abilities are respected and nurtured.
- The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is recognized as a ministry offering religious formation for children by the Anglican and Catholic Churches of Canada.
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Association of Canada (CGSAC):
Provides educational courses, training, certification, retreat experiences, workshops and opportunities for Catechists in catechetical formation (training) in accordance with the internationally recognized Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
Assists in the establishment and continued growth and development of atrium communities.
Publishes course updates, reflections, reports and information about member's atria in our newsletters.