To support the efforts of immigrants and refugees to overcome barriers and participate fully in Canadian life as valued members of the Central Alberta community by providing coordinated services and by encouraging a welcoming environment.
About CENTRAL ALBERTA REFUGEE EFFORT (CARE)
We are the Central Alberta Refugee Effort, part of Red Deer’s Immigrant Centre. For over 30 years we have been here to help new immigrants and refugees adjust to their new life in Central Alberta and become valued members of our welcoming community.
We offer the following services:
- Settlement Support in Schools and Library
- ESL (English as Second Language) Classes
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Assessment (CLBA) Testing
- Connecting Newcomers Program
- Translation & Interpretation Services
- Immigrant Family, Senior and Youth Support Programs
- Volunteer Support Programs
- Cross Cultural Communication and Cultural Awareness Training