IWHC Toronto is an independent sexual health clinic funded by the City of Toronto, through Toronto Public Health. For over 40 years, IWHC Toronto has been providing free, confidential, culturally sensitive and language-accessible sexual health-related clinical services, counselling and support services to clients across the City of Toronto. We serve our clients in 9 languages with all-female Centre and medical staff.
IWHC Toronto is a pro-choice, women-focused organization, but we serve all clients regardless of gender. Our mandate is to empower all of our clients to be well-informed about their reproductive health needs and choices, and to offer sexual health clinical services, counselling, information, education, outreach and other support services in order to facilitate that self-care.
IWHC Toronto in Action:
- Site Clinic at 489 College Street, Suite 200 (1 block west of College and Bathurst on the south side)
- Our Mobile Health Clinic takes clinical services to communities all over the City of Toronto
- We serve clients with and without OHIP
- Some diagnostic screening and treatments are free
- Birth Control can be purchased at a low cost
Mobile Health Clinic
In partnership with agencies across the City of Toronto, we bring our Mobile Health Clinic (with a family doctor and counselling staff) to various sites to provide most of the above mentioned services* to women in the communities where they live and work.
*Mobile services include STI testing, pregnancy tests, breast exams and pap tests as well as referrals for mammograms and ultrasounds. Other services may be referred back to IWHC Toronto’s site clinic.
IWHC Toronto counsellors provide workshops in a variety of different areas in partnership with various agencies across the City of Toronto:
- STIs and Cancer Screening
- Pap tests
- Safe Sex and Healthy Sexuality