CIBC Miracle Day has a tradition of making a difference in the lives of children in the communities where we live and work.
CIBC Children's Foundation® is a registered charity responsible for distributing funds raised on CIBC Miracle Day. It was founded on the belief that by working with our clients, employees and children's charities, we can make a difference to children in need.
The Foundation has four key objectives. It seeks to:
- Improve the quality of life for children in need in the communities served by CIBC's Capital Markets team and CIBC Wood Gundy.
- Demonstrate our dedication to helping prepare Canadian children for future success.
- Build awareness of the Foundation's commitment to children with internal and external stakeholders.
- Encourage volunteerism and foster community engagement on the part of our employeesCIBC Children's Foundation has three areas of focus: help for high needs kids, education and enrichment, and healthy active living. Programs that are funded by the Foundation provide vital support services and enrichment opportunities to young people in their formative years that may not otherwise be accessible.
- Many employees take an active role with the charities supported by CIBC Miracle Day, including serving on the board of directors, volunteering time and talent, and making personal donations.