The Clergy Support Memorial philosophy is expressed in these five objectives.
RESPECT EACH PERSON'S SPIRITUALITY.
• We have a deep respect for the many different ways people experience the divine in their lives. We show our respect by demonstrating our willingness to accept others' belief systems as sincere, without compromising our own beliefs.
DO THE RIGHT THING.
• Each of us knows the difference between right and wrong. Through the choices we make every day, we show a heart-felt concern for the needs and expectations of others. We tell the truth. We obey the law. We don't cut corners. We work for justice.
TREAT EACH PERSON WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT.
• No one has to earn the right to be greeted warmly or to be listened to sincerely. We are each born with a basic dignity and we affirm that fundamental goodness in ourselves by honouring it in others. We value and recognize the contribution that each person makes to our success.
PROTECT AND MAINTAIN OUR WORLD
• Be 'green'. Our world is a marvelous creation. Through our life style, we enhance that beauty, and make the world a more enjoyable place for all. We use our talents and technologies in a responsible way so that future generations will have the opportunity to experience the world's beauty, too.
AT CLERGY SUPPORT MEMORIAL TO EXCEL WITH PEOPLE IS TO:
• Serve others as we would be served.
• We make an effort to know our community. We show that we care about them by trying to anticipate their needs. We listen and respond to each person as an individual with caring and empathy.