The mission of the Coalition for Music Education in Canada is to raise the awareness and understanding of the role that music plays in Canadian culture, and to advocate for the contribution that music education makes in the lives of all Canadians.
It is the goal of the Coalition to see that every child has the right and opportunity to receive, through their basic school curriculum, a well-rounded and balanced education that includes a comprehensive, sequential, quality program in music.
About Our Charity
We have 4 priorities - to INFORM, to ADVOCATE, to CELEBRATE and to CONNECT. We do this through programs such as:
- Music Monday - Canada's nation wide celebration of music that actively engages chidlren and youth in their schools and communities
- Youth4Music - a nation-wide platform for the voices of youth who want to make a difference for music in their schools and communities
- Champions for Music Education
- Awards: Principals of Music Awards, Nufsicisum Youth Leadership Awards
- Events: youth-led symposiums, community events
• To protect, develop and promote the role of music in education.
• To establish a national network that provides support to parents,
local advocacy and music education organizations.
• To support the role of teachers of music in education.
• To accumulate information and statistics on all pertinent aspects
of music education in Canada.
• To research and distribute appropriate resource/support materials.
• To promote life-long participation and engagement in music.
• To support the use of active music making in therapeutic settings.
What People Are Saying
— Youth participant - Guelph, January 2014