The mission of the Coalition for Music Education in Canada is to raise the awareness and understanding of the role that music plays in Canadian culture, and to advocate for the contribution that music education makes in the lives of all Canadians.
We envision Canada as a country where the lives of all children are enriched by quality school music programs, and where their active participation in music is valued and supported in our communities.
About Coalition for Music Education in Canada
We have 4 priorities - to INFORM, to ADVOCATE, to CELEBRATE and to CONNECT. We do this through programs such as:
- Music Monday - Canada's nation wide celebration of music that actively engages children and youth in their schools and communities
- Youth4Music - a program dedicated to Canadian youth inspiring and building community through music.
- Champions for Music Education
- Awards: NUFSICISUM Youth Leadership Awards
- Events: youth-led symposiums, community events
• To protect, develop and promote the role of music in education.
• To establish a national network that provides support to parents,
local advocacy and music education organizations.
• To support the role of teachers of music in education.
• To accumulate information and statistics on all pertinent aspects
of music education in Canada.
• To research and distribute appropriate resource/support materials.
• To promote life-long participation and engagement in music.
• To support the use of active music making in therapeutic settings.
What People Are Saying
— Youth participant - Guelph, January 2014