The Community Sector Council of Newfoundland and Labrador is an independent charitable organization promoting social and economic well-being. Our goal is a prosperous and inclusive society that supports individuals, families and communities. The mission of CSC is to encourage citizen engagement, to promote the integration of social and economic development and to provide leadership in shaping public policies.
We do this through:
* collaboration with individuals, organizations, the private sector and governments at local, provincial, national and international levels
* information sharing and public dialogue
* conducting research and analysis
* nuturing networks and strategic alliances
* profiling the voluntary, community-based sector
* promotion of volunteerism
* provision of innovative programs and services
* building capacity through skills development and training
* harnessing the power of technology
About COMMUNITY SECTOR COUNCIL OF NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
For over 30 years, the Community Sector Council Newfoundland and Labrador (CSC) has been a province-wide leader in the voluntary, non-profit sector. One of the province’s first social entrepreneurs, CSC has been connecting people and organizations to community resources, providing services to non-profit groups and bringing the voluntary sector and government together on important issues of the day.