Canadians enhancing the health and education of school children in developing countries through sustainable programs and accountable partnerships.
About Connecting Countries Adopt-A-School
* Improving Kenyan school sanitation and hygiene facilities
* Supporting curricular expectations and augmenting instructional supplies
* Enhancing the health, safety and emotional well-being of students
* Pen Pal Letter Writing: Canadian and Kenyan students exchange cultural information via letter writing. Personal relationships are built.
* Latrine Building Projects: school latrines (toilets) are built to improve student health, increase student attendance and in many cases to keep Kenyan primary schools open.
* Clean Hands: provision of hygiene education for students and school handwashing stations completes the sanitation cycle.
* Continuing Support: funding of needed school supplies as pens, pencils, notepaper, textbooks etc.
* Rain Water Harvesting: 10,000 litre water storage tanks are provided to Kenyan primary schools to collect and store valued rain water from school roof tops.