Born in 1988 as the Metro Toronto Host Program, in response to newcomer's need for settlement services and support. In October 1992, this HOST program was incorporated to become CultureLink Settlement Services of Metropolitan Toronto.
Today, CultureLink is a household name and leading settlement service providers in Toronto, one of the most diverse cities in the world. We enjoy a reputation of being a welcoming environment for newcomers and a true reflection of our multicultural community.
We envision a healthy, equitable, inclusive and welcoming society that works together to engage and integrate newcomers and other community members into Canadian life.
CultureLink is dedicated to facilitating the active participation and integration of newcomers and the broader community, recognizing the interdependence of these groups in our society.
This is done by:
- Enhancing skills that promote self-sufficiency
- Providing innovative programming to meet the changing needs of our participants
- Promoting the well-being of all participants
- Promoting positive interactions between participants and across communities and cultures.
At CultureLink, we are committed to:
- Improving the health and prosperity of Canadian society through the work that we do
- Working within a social justice/anti-oppression framework that demonstrates our respect for newcomers and the broader community of individuals who seek our services
- Recognizing our board, staff and volunteers as instrumental to providing quality programs and services that are client-centred and results oriented
- Being accountable
- Engaging in continuous learning and improvement to ensure that our programs and services incorporate best practices and remain responsive.
What People Are Saying
"CultureLink has been providing us with weekly English sessions. No doubt, these sessions have positively touched our lives, empowering us to be more independent in accessing information and resources in the community."
— CultureLink's Spanish Seniors participant.
"I greatly appreciate Ebraheem, Mania and CultureLink for providing such wonderful and helpful opportunities for me. They are always ready to provide me with assistance and support whenever I need help."
— CultureLink's SWIS client
"My participation in Baraka Bites (an English Conversation Circle) was my window to a new world, a world that I knew nothing about. The program allowed me to get to know Canadians intimately, understand and get familiar with their kindness."
— CultureLink's Mentorship Program client