About Dixon Transition Society
Serving the community since 1973, Dixon Transition Society helps to reduce the impact of domestic violence by providing a safe haven for women and children through various supportive transitional housing programs. Counselling and outreach services complete our continuum of care to empower families to create and maintain safe and healthy lifestyles.
- Transition House for women and children leaving violence in their relationships
- Second Stage Housing Program for women and their children who have left a transition house
- Third Stage Housing program for women and their children who are ready to live more independently but can benefit from support
- Stopping the Violence (STV) counselling for women who have experienced violence in their relationships, sexual assault, or childhood abuse
- Family Counselling for low-income Burnaby residents who have children or are directly involved in raising children
- Housing Outreach Program supports the families leaving any of our transitional housing programs to secure permanent and affordable housing. The worker also connects the families with resources in their new communities.
What People Are Saying
"Dixon is the ultimate place and answer to my questions. Dixon is the replica of my family."
— Dixon House Client