Drug Free Kids Canada wants to create a movement to inspire and support parents to prevent drug abuse by their kids.
Our Vision: To ensure that all young people will be able to live their lives free of drug or alcohol abuse.
Who we are: DFK Canada is a Canadian registered charity made up of volunteer private-sector partners from major media, advertising, production, research and corporate industries.
What we do:
- Drug Free Kids Canada is all about PREVENTION.
- We educate Canadian parents and grandparents on the devastating effects of illicit drug use by kids.
- We provide parents with the tools they need to talk to their kids
- We work with advertising agencies and media partners to create drug education/prevention messages that run on TV, radio, print and digital media across Canada.
Our strategy is simple:
- We use our website www.drugfreekidscanada.org as a digital platform to educate parents about teen drug use and provide them with the tools to engage in on-going conversations about drugs with their kids.
- We use the persuasive power of on-going media messaging:
- to create awareness of important issues affecting youth and drugs
- help modify behaviours towards the use of illicit drugs and the misuse of prescription drugs by our youth.
About Drug Free Kids Canada
Our reason d’être is: To prevent kids from using illicit drugs and from abusing prescription drugs
We do so by...
- Educating Canadian parents on the negative effects of using illicit drugs and misusing prescription drugs.
- Initiating national drug take back programs in conjunction with national pharmacies and their affiliates.
- Raising the awareness of Canadians that the issue of drugs exists in all levels of our society and to open parents' eyes to the "Not my Kid" syndrome.
- Just as drinking and driving has become socially unacceptable, we are attempting to educate parents and kids the use of drugs is destructive and a threat to health and well-being.
- Raising awareness of the dangers of drugged driving by young drivers.
Drug Free Kids Canada is the only Canadian entity to undertake a national ongoing drug prevention education media campaign.