Edmonton Metropolitan Chorus is deeply involved in our community. Over the years, the chorus has:
- Participated with McDougall United Church in raising funds for refugee sponsorship;
- Performed with Tom Jackson to raise funds for Edmonton Food Bank;
- Supported the Edmonton Christmas Bureau by performing at its annual Christmas Carol Sing at the Francis Winspear Centre for Music;
- Supported the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by performing at its annual Light the Night Walk;
- Produced a concert “Freedom is in Our Hands”, in support of Free The Children Foundation;
- Promoted national and civic pride by performing at Canadian Citizenship Ceremonies and Provincial Remembrance Day Ceremonies;
- Provided support for ETown Vocal Music Society in offering vocal training and performance opportunities to inner-city youth.
Edmonton Metropolitan Chorus is led Artistic Director & Principal Conductor David Garber, and Resident Accompanist Remi Do. The chorus also hires and collaborates with many professional musicians.
2islandgirls, Black Heritage Pioneer Singers, Bomba, Epsilon, Les Bûcherons, Swoonshine, Wajjo Drummers, members of JUBA!, Keri Lynn Zwicker & Lizzy Hoyt Celtic Players, Edmonton Metropolitan Orchestra
Janet Smith, Jorgianne Talbot, Abra Whitney, Misha Marie, Kristel Harder, Caleb Nelson, Trent Worthington, Robert King, Matthew Dalen, Michael Kurschat, Kyle Carter, Gordon Ritchie, David McCune
Roland Majeau, Jeremy Spurgeon, Nora Bumanis, Alvin Lowrey, Alden Lowrey, Martin Johann Kloppers, Keith Remple, Mark Lenyk, Mark Maynor, Dwayne Hrynkiw, Gord Oaks
Junetta Jamerson, David Wilson, Martin Galba, Dr. Danielle Lisboa
Edmonton Metropolitan Chorus is actively commissions composers to write original choral works and arrangements: Roland Majeau, Martin Johann Kloppers, Trent Worthington, Brett Ludwig, Caleb Nelson, Kyle Carter
Edmonton Metropolitan Chorus has been recognized by the City of Edmonton as a model non-profit organization. In awarding a grant to Edmonton Metropolitan Chorus, the Edmonton Arts Council’s jury provided this evaluation:
- Program & Activities Factors High Merit
- Community Relations & Outreach Factors High Merit
- Financial Factors High Merit
The jury also has provided this written feedback...
- The jury recognizes the merits of this organization and appreciates its well- written grant application.
- The jury observes that the organization has diverse sources of revenue, including strong earned revenue.
- They are also impressed by the organization’s volunteer program, its community and outreach activities, its commitment to be inclusive in terms of membership, and the diversity of its music.