Working with EMAS Canada, and the Gambade Medical Clinic Project Support Team of Compass Point Bible Church, a team of medical professionals completed an exploratory visit to the area in November 2016.
The purpose of this 2016 mission was to gain insight into healthcare priorities before long-term engagement. This was achieved through hands-on clinical services; meetings with local project leaders, and national healthcare professionals. As the project develops, our vision is that an EMAS team will engage for the long-term in capacity building, through training of national staff and improvement of services, through ongoing professional development.
Donations may be designated for either the EMAS Medical Team or the Gambade Clinic Construction project. For example, for medical staffing & equipment needs
• $30 per year covers the cost of 20 birthing kits
• $50 helps pay for a health agent’s monthly salary
• $100 helps with the cost of training clinical staff
For Gambade Clinic Construction needs:
• $100 helps with the cost of windows and doors
• $250 helps with the cost of electricity and plumbing
• $500 helps with the cost of medical equipment