Children with disabilities have very few facilities in India. A hospital staff worker, Mr. Robert Kumar whose son had cerebral palsy, started Anugrah in 2002. Anugrah (which means “divine blessing”) provides physical and occupational therapy, as well as special education. More recently learning centres have been developed in nearby villages.
To improve the quality of life of children with disabilities through realization of their rights.
Goals for 2019/20:
- To train local volunteers in rehabilitation. This will alter the world view of the community making it more acceptable and caring of those with special needs.
- To develop a system that enables us to raise funds locally.
- Anugrah’s vision has grown in the last 17 years and we are convinced that this is the path God is leading us on. Please pray for faith that helps us even in the presence of constraints.
- That we may be successful in raising funds locally.
- We have a growing ministry to people with spinal cord injuries. Please pray for wisdom and ability to serve them better. Pray that professionals with needed skills to serve them will join us.
Anugrah has requested $16,000 from EHA Canada.
Breakdown of specific costs needed to help one child/month:
- Education (Special Education and Mainstreaming) - $20
- Therapy and life skills (Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy and speech - $20
- Livelihood - $10
- Parents' support - $5
- Transportation for children - $10
- Play and Leisure - $5
Total cost per child per month - $70