To enhance the quality of life for persons affected by epilepsy through promotion and support of research and facilitation of education and awareness initiatives that build understanding and acceptance of epilepsy.
About EPILEPSY CANADA-ÉPILEPSIE CANADA
Working together, we will meet our goals:
• To increase public and professional awareness of epilepsy as a universal, treatable brain disorder;
• To change attitudes, dispel myths and raise epilepsy to a new plane of acceptability in the public domain;
• To promote public and professional education about epilepsy;
• To identify the needs of people with epilepsy on a national and regional basis;
• To encourage governments of health to address the needs of people with epilepsy, including awareness, education, diagnosis, treatment, care, services and prevention;
• To fund the best epilepsy research in Canada.