Our Guiding Principle:
The promotion of independence and quality of life for all people with epilepsy and their families, through support services, information, advocacy, and public education.
Epilepsy York Region is a charitable organization which:
Advocates on behalf of individuals with seizure disorders
Promotes public awareness of epilepsy and seizure disorders
Develops programs based upon the needs of our constituents
Provides educational resources and opportunities
We will double the amount of people that we reach through technology, strategic marketing and a targeted approach.
We will undertake to bring epilepsy into the public eye, dispelling negative stereotypes and removing attitudinal barriers.
Our programs will be innovative, results driven and measurable. We will be sustained by a community of committed supporters and a network of partners.
About EPILEPSY YORK REGION
EYR Core Values
1. We value people’s right to live with dignity as full participants of their community.
2. We believe it is a person’s right to be in formed and to participate meaningfully in their own health management.
3. We believe that health encompasses social and emotional well-being.
4. We believe that society has an obligation to be accessible to all its members and opposing of all discrimination.
5. We respect confidentiality, self-determination, and choice.
6. We believe that strength can be found in the ties that bind us.