We at Equip embrace an understanding of the Scriptures which clearly recognizes that the response of the believer to human need is an integral part of the Gospel. The love of Christ in us and through us must be demonstrated as well as heard in our preaching.
Our mission, therefore, is to prepare, send and support evangelical missionaries to assist the church around the world to be:
(1) responsive to the poor,
(2) sensitive to the Holy Spirit,
(3) focused on personal evangelism,
(4) practically engaged in strengthening the Body of Christ.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe it is vital that God’s people be joined together by mutual love for Christ and full submission to His Lordship, but not uniformity or agreement on all doctrinal issues. We allow for, and value, diversity. We see it as an essential element of true unity. We strive to honor the Apostle Paul’s instruction to avoid foolish arguments that produce quarrels (II Tim. 2:23).
However, we recognize that there are essential Bible doctrines upon which faith itself must be grounded. These are such doctrines as are evident in the Apostles Creed, The Nicene Creed, and other historical confessions of orthodox Christianity. We believe the following to be such doctrines, therefore, we stand firm on this declaration of our beliefs.
* We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the fully inspired Word of God, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and practice.
* We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
* We believe that the Holy Spirit personally indwells every child of God, and that He empowers believers to be conformed to the “Image” of God’s Holy Son.
* We believe that Jesus was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary.
* We believe that man, created in the image of God, rebelled against his Creator, and thereby incurred spiritual death, which is separati
About EQUIPPING CHRISTIAN WORKERS SOCIETY Equip Canada
Equip is a Christian evangelical mission training and sending agency. Equip's purpose is to train and equip missionaries to assist the local church in ministries to the poor. Equip also receives medical and relief supplies for distribution to ministries in developing countries. Equip offers practical training in food production from crops and animals with an emphasis on tropical agriculture and land restoration. Equip offers training in appropriate technologies for developing rural communities, missionary medicine intensive that prepares missionaries to run clinics in remote locations as well as look after their own health needs, and community health evangelism.