The Film and Video Arts Society - Alberta (FAVA) is a not-for-profit, charitable society that exists to facilitate and support the production and exhibition of independent film, video and media art in Northern Alberta.
FAVA was formed in 1982. Over these many years FAVA has championed film and video production in Edmonton, and facilitated media production of all kinds in Edmonton and Northern Alberta. FAVA has grown into one of the leading production co-ops in the country; and FAVA's growing membership reflects the talent and diversity of Alberta's world-class film and video culture.
FAVA supports and encourages artistic development through wide-ranging programming activities in media including ongoing and annual classes, monthly workshops, youth programs, networking opportunities, and all types of special event screenings of members' works.
FAVA's ambition is to offer excellent and nationally recognized resources and opportunities to a diverse community of artists, and to create and showcase independent film, video and media art.
About Our Charity
Funds raised are used to support:
- The acquisition of up-to-date, state-of- the-art equipment
- Operating costs
- Bursaries for professional development (ie. Women in the Director's Chair Workshop - Creative Women's Workshop at The Banff Centre for the Arts)
- Travel grants to help our members attend the many festivals their films are being screened at
- New film, video, and new media commissions
- A filmmaker series, featuring top-level professionals and artists
Your donation will also helps us to:
- facilitate new programming and education initiatives
- begin an endowment fund to secure a legacy for tomorrow's filmmakers.
How will you be recognized?
- All donations will be recognized with a letter of thanks and will be listed in our Annual Report.
- Annual contributions will be recognized in our Freshworks screening programs (unless you would prefer to remain anonymous).