Countless numbers of individuals have received therapeutic benefit from Doctors of Chiropractic. Sports chiropractors have been on the cutting edge of performance, healthcare, education, research and outreach. The Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (RCCSS) has been the leading organization in chiropractic sports medicine for over 30 years. THE FOUNDATION (FRCCSS(C)) strives to assist continuation of excellence by providing a platform for action, involvement and a financial contribution to Sports Chiropractic.
The purpose of THE FOUNDATION for the Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada) (FRCCSS(C)) is multifactorial:
- Facilitate education and research into sports medicine and the science of optimal performance in support of and assisting athletes of all abilities to improve their levels of performance
- To fund education and scientific research directly by providing scholarships to individuals who enroll in programs with THE FOUNDATION of the Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada).
- To promote health and wellness by: a) Raising Public and Professional awareness of the health benefits of athletic participation and b) Promote education on the benefits of active living in all Canadian communities.
- Facilitate the provision of supplies and support services to athletes of all abilities in under-serviced communities.
The germination of THE FOUNDATION (FRCCSS(C)) in 2014 was initiated by the desire to give back to athletes and those who serve them by raising and managing philanthropic gifts. This will be done by promoting and developing research and education in the field of Sports Medicine and the science of optimal performance.
The opportunities to you (Chiropractic Sports Fellow) will include but are not limited to:
- Providing financial support. This can include tax-deductible gifts by you becoming an annual member or by assisting in fundraising. Consider joining at one of these annual Donor Levels (See attached).
- Relationship support by facilitating the involvement of prominent and influential people who can play a role as patrons in our organization. The fundraising activities may include event organization or by providing us with corporate or individual network of people who can donate to our cause.
This will assist us in expanding our positive presence in the media, government, other philanthropic organizations, inter-professionally and public presence. These connections will open doors which will lead to expanded resources and improved cultural authority.