About Fraser Valley Regional Library
Fraser Valley Regional Library is the largest public library system in British Columbia, with 25 libraries serving nearly 700,000 people in 15 communities located in the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver. Our libraries are located in Abbotsford, Boston Bar, Chilliwack, Delta, Hope, Kent (Agassiz), City of Langley, Township of Langley, Maple Ridge, Mission, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, White Rock, and Yale.
FVRL's operating budget cannot stretch enough to cover all the possibilities for enrichment through print and electronic materials or through cultural and educational programs. That's why your financial support is so important and appreciated.
One hundred per cent (100%) of your donation is used for the purpose you choose.
Our MissionTo connect people to the world of information and ideas
Our VisionTo be an innovative organization that is recognized as a vital community destination and resource for literacy, recreation, informed decision making, and social interaction.
* Community Development
We value development that invests in the enjoyment, lifelong learning, lteracy, and the vibrant health of communities.
* Universal Access
We value open access to library services and materials that remove barriers associated with education, technology, culture, economics, and physical disadvantage.
* Respect for Diversity
We value and celebrate diversity as integral to an inclusive, vibrant community.
* Respect for Staff
We value our responsive, courteous, and friendly staff as the foundation of FVRL's service and success.
* Collaboration and Partnerships
We see collaboration and partnerships to maximize our potential to serve our customers and communities.
* Innovation and Risk-Taking
We value innovation as it gives us freedom to grow and take risks to find creative solutions and better serve our public in a fiscally responsible manner.
How Lives are Transformed
Lives are transformed when people connect to the world of information and ideas through our libraries:
- Children learn to love reading and that helps them be successful in school.
- Students expand their minds and discover knowledge that inspires great achievement.
- Adults enjoy reading for pleasure and dig deep for information that motivates and guides their activities.
- Those who struggle with problems find help and solutions.
- Those who are homebound have library materials delivered.
- Those who are print-impaired listen to audiobooks or read large print books.
- Those who are learning English access bilingual books and join conversation circles to practice speaking a new language.
- Those who need a safe place to spend time relax at the library.
- Those who want to use computers do that free of charge at the library--and even receive instruction on how to use them.
Fraser Valley Regional Library transforms lives by connecting people to the world of information and ideas!