DID YOU HAVE A DREAM AS A KID?
For University of Arkansas Razorback Baseball Pitcher Christian Kowalchuk, it was baseball. If he wasn’t playing it or talking about it, he was thinking about it.
"I can’t say enough how important the facilities at the Gordie Howe Sports Complex are for our local youth, especially Indigenous youth, as they grow their skills on the field – and in life!"
Christian grew up in Saskatoon and started playing baseball when he was 10. It was love at first bat!
Entering high school, he realized he needed to train in the off-season to have any hope of realizing his dream of playing college baseball. Sadly, Saskatoon wasn’t equipped with the facilities to train year-round.
Christian was more fortunate than most – though it meant being away from family and friends, he was able to pursue his training outside the city.
Now, thanks to your help and the generosity of individuals, families and businesses across our province:
– Local young athletes have the chance to train year-round HERE AT HOME in the new Indoor Training Centre!
– 4X MORE ATHLETES (and younger athletes!) get to play on one of the BEST, SAFEST sports field in the province!
– Kids from OVER 100 SCHOOLS have the chance to realize their dreams on new world-class track & field facilities!
Together we’ve achieved so much, but we’re not finished yet!
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!
A building with washrooms, change rooms, concession, bleachers and more is URGENTLY NEEDED to serve Cairns Field, Clarence Downey Oval, track & field facilities and the Nordic Ski Park.
And a shortage of sport fields and ball diamonds in Saskatoon and area means there are still too many kids on the sidelines.
The kids in our community need people like you and me to reach farther and complete these facilities at the park.
Your donation will help ensure athletes of all ages, levels and abilities have the opportunity to excel in sport, and in life!
$1 = $4
Every $1 you donate unlocks $3 in committed government grant funding, turning $100 into $400, $2,500 into $10,000 and $25,000 into $100,000! And the opportunity to pledge your contribution over 5 years makes it easier for you to give.
YOU can be a GAME CHANGER!
It will help:
– Build capacity, allowing more people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to participate in sport.
– Foster social connection, inclusion, shared pride and community spirit.
– Fill the need for safe, accessible athletic facilities in Saskatoon and surrounding area.
– Expand and enhance development programs for multiple winter and summer sports.
– Complete the transformation of Saskatoon's home of sport into a world-class athletics park accessible to everyone in our growing community.
– Attract more provincial, national and international events to our city, significantly boosting local tourism dollars.
– CHANGE LIVES by giving more kids a chance to grow, to belong and to discover what they're capable of!
Baseball shaped Christian's life. "It kept me out of trouble, taught me the value of discipline, provided focus, gave me the ability to set and achieve my goals and many lasting friendships."
For so many kids with a dream, the fully realized Gordie Howe Sports Complex will be a game changer.
Will YOU pitch in to help finish the park and be their dream-maker?
JOIN THE FAMILY!
IMPORTANT: To maximize your contribution and reduce 3rd party administrative fees, please consider donating or making your pledge payments by cheque, direct debit or e-transfer. To learn more contact Angela at our campaign office: (306) 321-7557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.