2019 Spring Books & Brunch
by FRIENDS OF THE WINNIPEG PUBLIC LIBRARY INC
- Sunday, 05 May 2019 from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM (CDT)
- The Gates on Roblin 6945 Roblin Ave, Headingley, MB R4H 1A2
The Friends of the Winnipeg Public Library annual spring fundraiser, Books & Brunch, is held in early May at The Gates on Roblin. The location is lovely, the brunch is delicious and our speakers always charm and inspire those in attendance.
The theme is “Books I Have Known and Loved”. Speakers share their reading memories, talk about books that made a lasting impression or maybe just made them laugh. The book lists are wide-ranging, from childhood favourites to adult novels, poetry, philosophy, and non-fiction.
Past speakers have been interesting people from our community – Gordon Goldsborough, Laurie Mustard, Terry MacLeod, Allan Levine, Joan Thomas, Andrew Davidson, Charlene Diehl, David Bergen, Ron Robinson, plus many others. Each presenter has brought their unique style and perspective to the discussion. It always pleases.
2019 MC: Charlene Diehl Director, THIN AIR the Winnipeg International Writers Festival.
2019 Guest speakers:
Author Kathy Knowles Director of the Osu Children’s Library Fund
Author John Einarson Musicologist, broadcaster and educator
14th Annual Spring Books & Brunch
Please note the changes regarding tickets for the 2019 Books & Brunch:
Tickets available March 4, 2019
BUY ONLINE through CanadaHelps – tickets available starting March 4, 2019
- You will receive event ticket/s via email; print and bring to the event
- You will receive your Income Tax Receipt via email
BUY IN PERSON at the Best of Friends Gift Shop
- Main floor Millennium Library, 251 Donald Street Open Monday-Saturday 11 am to 4 pm.
- Event ticket form is required to be completed for each attendee
- Each attendee will receive a ticket upon payment, which must be presented the day of the event
- Each attendee will receive their Income Tax Receipt prior to the event via email
- If no email listed on the event ticket form then it will be available at check-in at the event
GROUP SEATING – Prior to purchasing ticket/s note the following:
- If reserving a table for a group, provide a Table Contact and specify 8 or 10 – the number who will be sitting at your table
- Sitting at a Specific Table: provide the name of the Table Contact who reserved the table
- Sitting with Friends: If you want to sit with two or three other people, please provide their names
- If it doesn’t matter where you sit, then leave all questions blank.
Sorry, no refunds on tickets