Welcome to the Global Friends
Our premise is simple – we believe we are all intimately connected through the global community we share. We need each other; are inspired by each other; and succeed, or fail, because of each other.
Who We Are
Global Friends exists to remove the barriers imposed by poverty that force us to become disconnected – either by choice or circumstance. We support orphaned and vulnerable children around the world and the incredible people who care for them.
Our intent is not to set up models of dependency but to provide the resources and introductions for mutually beneficial partnerships that can lead to self-sustainability.
Global Friends is Canadian charitable organization run entirely by volunteers.
Global Friends strives to provide the resources necessary to shape our global community into a place where everyone contributes and thrives. We believe in the power of a sustainable, harmonized, global community. Global Friends offers hope when inspiration and aspirations fade. We offer opportunities through collaboration, funding of meaningful education, and provision of resources to meet basic needs. We foster and support environments where dreams can – and do -- become reality.
Our goals are to facilitate empowerment and encourage strategic partnerships so people succeed as individuals and collaborators. Some of the successes we have supported include:
- Funding the construction, furnishing and ongoing development of the Rafiki Orphan Care Home
- Feeding 38 orphaned children at Rafiki for 6+ years
- Providing education to dozens of children in Uganda and Tanzania
- Rebuilding a school for 500+ children in rural Uganda
- Funding and helping to develop self-sustaining, income-generating businesses in the form of a sewing centre, chicken farm, agricultural program and water distribution centre
- Supporting a rehabilitation program for street teens
- Providing supplies to a crucial mobile health team dedicated to reducing the number of orphans in rural areas by keeping parents alive
- and much more….
What People Are Saying
"“I will be the best safari guide in Tanzania. My company will be Rafiki Tours and Safari. You will be very proud.”"
— Issac -- one of the first orphans GFF supported, Read More
"The classroom under the mango tree is the most exquisite education setting ever seen. However, when the rainy season begins, class will be dismissed - indefinitely. There is no alternative. This is the reality for this community. But, this will change when GFF funds the building of a new school."
— Catherine Mulvale, Founder, Global Friends Foundation, Read More