The Guild began as a non-profit society in 1952 working to help house elderly women with no families to support them in ill health. The original Allen Gray Auxiliary Hospital was built in 1963 with 50 beds in the Avonmore neigbourhood of Edmonton, Alberta. Over the years many residents lived their last years in the Allen Gray's home like environment provided with excellent care.
In 2002 the Guild built, in partnership with Alberta Health Services, a new facility in Mill Woods with 136 beds and 15 suites in our adjoining Lodge. To facilitate the home-like environment a full Child Development Centre was added which includes multi-generation programming with our senior residents. The Centre also incorporates an Adult Day Support program to assist seniors in the community and their families.
In 2013 the facility increased its care capacity to 156 beds and 17 lodge suites.