Growing Chefs! Ontario is a registered charity based in London, Ontario that unites chefs, growers, educators and community members in children’s food education projects.
Growing Chefs! Ontario has been incorporated since 2008. View our 2017 - 2018 Annual Report
To get kids excited about wholesome healthy food!
To build and maintain a healthy, empowered community that is engaged with our food system.
- To provide an avenue for chefs and growers to get more involved in the community and to support food education.
- To provide children with the confidence, knowledge and enthusiasm to grow and prepare good, healthy cuisine.
- To support and encourage the development and growth of food education for children and families.
Our Core Values:
- Community: To engage, strengthen and support communities in their ongoing conversations around food.
- Food: To celebrate the positive change that we can create through food.
- Health: To foster healthy bodies and minds through positive relationships with food.
What People Are Saying
"This is an amazing program that allows students to return to the roots of healthy eating and cooking, invaluable knowledge that will help them live healthy, happy lives! "
— Grade 7 teacher
"All that the students learn from this program can be used for the rest of their lives "
— Teacher Grade 4/5, Read More
"Students were so proud of their accomplishments and were offered the chance to try new foods that they might not have had the chance to try at home. This program allows students to explore, learn, engage and investigate!"
— Teacher Kindergarten, Read More