The Hamilton Naturalists’ Club is a non-profit organization founded in 1919 with over 600 members dedicated to the study, appreciation and conservation of our wild plants and animals.
About HAMILTON NATURALISTS' CLUB
HNC is a volunteer-led organization with an almost 100 year history of promoting habitat protection, stimulating public interest and action in conservation, undertaking research and education regarding natural areas and acquiring and managing nature sanctuaries. The Club has broad community support with over 600 members and a history of successful community projects and partnerships. We hold more than 50 events (speakers, walks, etc.) each year at no charge to the public.
Some of our major accomplishments include:
• Protecting and stewarding over 400 acres of natural lands, in 8 nature sanctuaries
• Leading natural areas inventories for Hamilton and Halton
• Providing popular outdoor education programs
• Protecting endangered Peregrine Falcons through Falconwatch
• Naturalizing areas in the urban environment
Working cooperatively with partners from all sectors HNC has a reputation as one of the most effective small ENGOs in Ontario and has received numerous awards in recognition of its work.
For further information, please visit our website at www.hamiltonnature.org.