The Hamilton Fire Fighter’s Assistance Fund is a Registered Charity (#894326065RR0002) operated by the members of the Hamilton Professional Fire Fighter’s Association - Local 288 since 1967. The goal has been to protect and promote a higher quality of life in the Community through various charity endeavors, benefiting and supporting many local organizations and charities. These endeavors have included:
- Fundraising and donations
- Volunteering time with charities to accomplish specific needs
- Attending and participating in community events
- Developing community and corporate relationships
The Fund’s Commitment to the Community has been highlighted by donations:
- $1,000,000+ donated to the Burn Unit at the General
- $250,000 donated to Juravinski Hospital
- $50,000+ donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities Hamilton
- $25,000+ donated to Food4Kids
- …and many more!
With such a diverse community, the Hamilton Fire Fighters Assistance Fund works to spread funds through many local organizations and agencies that can help those community members who need it most. The Brothers and Sisters of Local 288 volunteer their time to fundraise and support community organizations in need. The majority of fundraising comes from running special events, setting up monetary donation centres such as “Boot Drives” in the community, the HPFFA payroll deduction program and developing long lasting relationships with corporate friends in the community.